Table of Contents
Rob Kardashian is the brother of Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Khloé Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, and Kylie Jenner. His sisters are perhaps more famous than him, but Rob has had his share of the spotlight. One of the things that Rob has done is show off recent weight loss for the world to see.
Who is Rob Kardashian?
Rob was born on March 17, 1987, to Robert Kardashian and Kris Jenner . He’s a businessman, but he’s most known for his appearances on “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.” We’ve also seen Rob compete in “Dancing with the Stars,” the ABC dancing reality show. He even placed second.
Becoming a Father
In May 2016, Rob, with his girlfriend Blac Chyna, was expecting their first child . Dream Renée Kardashian was born on November 10, 2016 . However, Rob and Blac have since broken up, and the breakup drama made front-page celebrity news.
Rob has had health problems, including being hospitalized for type 2 diabetes and gaining a lot of weight. His split with model Blac Chyna was very public and acrimonious and contributed to that.
The Weight Starts Piling On
Rob went into hiding and began “eating his feelings,” as reported at Life& Style . According to the online magazine, he was sitting at home and doing nothing but watching TV and eating Postmates delivery of McDonald’s, Subway, Burger King, and Taco Bell.
As he put on more and more weight, it seemed like the last thing he wanted to do was to face the world.
Rob had put on weight before. He broke up with Adrienne Bailon, of Cheetah Girls fame, in 2010. After that, Rob put on a lot of weight. During his relationship with Blac, he had lost weight, and he had proudly shown off his weight loss on social media. In fact, he had gone from 298 pounds to 248 pounds.
But after the weight loss and the break-up, his weight went to 300 pounds, causing his family, and his fans, to be very concerned for him, particularly with his type 2 diabetes.
Rob’s 2019 Weight Loss Journey Begins
The good news is that Rob Kardashian is no longer as heavy. As reported at Hollywood Life, it’s Rob’s two-year-old daughter Dream who has inspired him to lose weight. Indeed, if you look at Rob’s Instagram , you’ll see lots of photos of Dream.
Rob is not as slim as he was when he was with Blac, but he’s getting there. Often, having a child takes the focus off oneself and onto the child, and Rob correctly feels that losing weight will help him to be there for his daughter 
The Diabetes Factor
Why is it important to lose weight when you have diabetes? As many as eight out of 10 people with the disease are either overweight or obese. Obesity happens to be a major cause of type 2 diabetes.
Therefore, if you have type 2 diabetes, it’s essential for you to try to lose weight. This doesn’t mean that you have to become “skinny.” But what it means is that if you are overweight or obese, you need to try and get to a healthy weight. This also applies if you happen to be taking diabetes medication, which may be affecting your weight .
What will losing weight do for you as a person with type 2 diabetes? You will lower your blood sugar, cut your insulin resistance, lower your blood pressure and cholesterol. When you take steps to reduce your weight, you may even improve your health so much that you no longer have to take diabetes medication. Even so, you only need to lose about five to seven percent of your weight to benefit.
Current Results? 20 Pounds, and Counting…
These days, Rob is about 20 pounds lighter, according to Pop Culture . Reportedly, he cut out alcohol, fast food, and he’s working out. He apparently is in a good place mentally, and he’s really into the life of his daughter Dream.
Can He Keep it Off?
Can Rob keep his weight off? Rob has many fans who see him as a kind person who is devoted to his daughter. Unlike his sisters, such as Kim Kardashian or his half-sister Kylie Jenner, he’s not into showing off on Instagram, etc. These days he’s more into showing pics of his young daughter.
But even though we like Rob, we have to be realistic. According to Livestrong , most people put the weight right back on after they lose it.
Unfortunately, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 68 percent of Americans over 20 years of age are either overweight or obese. That’s more than half. To make matters worse, almost 65 percent of people who lose weight put it all back on.
Unfortunately, the statistics are not on Rob’s side.
Weight gain is often caused by outside events that depress us enough to eat, such as breaking up with a loved one. Rob has a history of putting on weight every time he breaks up with a significant other. Rob’s life is on display, whether he wants it to be or not. So every person that he gets involved with will be checked out by the media. This kind of intrusion doesn’t help matters when a relationship fails.
Tips for Success
We’d say, the best thing for Rob to do is to avoid crash diets and, instead, lose weight gradually over time, such as a pound or two a week – see our diet directory for diets that can help you do this. It appears Rob is doing that. If not, he would be a lot thinner than he is right now. It appears he’s losing weight the right way by eating healthy food and exercising.
As Rob continues with his weight loss journey and taking care of his child, don’t be surprised if Rob becomes a leading man in the media again. Rob is naturally good-looking, and all of that comes out when he loses weight.
Rob is only 32 years old and has a long life ahead of him.
Fans will be looking forward to seeing what Rob Kardashian has in store for his life. Maybe he will continue to lie low and just be a businessman who takes care of his daughter.
Or, perhaps, he will lead a life that puts him back in the headlines. Only time will tell…
- Rob Kardashian, Wikipedia. Retrieved at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Kardashian
- Joi-Marie McKenizie and Sabina Ghebremedhin, Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Expecting First Child Together, ABC News. Retrieved at https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/rob-kardashian-blac-chyna-expecting-child/story?id=38936383
- Jen Juneau, She’s Here! Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Welcome Daughter Dream Renéehttps://people.com/parents/rob-kardashian-blac-chyna-welcome-daughter-dream-renee/
- Life & Style Magazine, Rob Kardashian Is Once Again Struggling With His Weight — He’s “Eating His Feelings” (EXCLUSIVE). Retrieved at https://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/rob-kardashian-weight-138850/
- Rob Kardashian, Instagram. Retrieved at https://www.instagram.com/robertkardaashian/
- Bonnie Fuller, Rob Kardashian: How Daughter Dream, 2,Helped Inspire Him To Get Serious About His Weight Loss, Hollywood Life. Retrieved at https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/10/23/rob-kardashian-how-dream-inspired-weight-loss-details/
- Health.com, Why It Pays to Lose Weight If You Have Type 2 Diabetes. Retrieved at https://www.health.com/health/condition-article/0,,20188784,00.html
- Victoria Moghaddami, Rob Kardashian Shows off Incredible Weight Loss While out With Sister Kim, Popculture. Retrieved at https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/10/22/rob-kardashian-shows-incredible-weight-loss-while-sister-kim/
- Alex O;Meara, The Percentage of People Who Regain Weight After Rapid Weight Loss and the Risks of Doing So, Livestrong. Retrieved at https://www.livestrong.com/article/438395-the-percentage-of-people-who-regain-weight-after-rapid-weight-loss-risks/